Alexander III monument

The first monument was erected in 1908 on the right bank of Angara River in honor of the Trans-Siberian Railway's builders and was demolished in 1920 as a symbol of the tsarism by decree of the Council of People's Commissars. Then in 1963 there was built an obelisk, that we used to call in our days Shpil, because of its shape, a simple four-sided pillar. Long story short, in 2003 Alexander III was restored, again, as seen above.

Wiki: Trans-Siberian Railway